Puppy Application

We want all of our puppies to go to good homes, so we ask a few questions first. Please download our

Tuesday, October 13, 2009


"I wanted so much to step over and pick them up. Several times I tried to move my feet, but they seemed to be nailed to the floor. I knew the pups were mine, all mine, yet I couldn't move. My heart started aching like a drunk grasshopper. I tried to swallow and couldn't. My adams apple wouldn't work. One pup started my way. I held my breath. On he came until I felt a scratchy little foot on mine. The other pup followed. A warm puppy tongue caressed my sore foot. I heard the stationmaster say, 'they already know you'. I knelt down and gathered them in my arms. I buried my face between their wiggling bodies and cried. ~Wilson Rawls, Where the Red Fern Grows, chapter 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment